In the meantime, enjoy the responses I have made to other prompts.

Monday, October 9, 2017

https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2136847-Farewell-to-Teaching

Farewell to Teaching
A Petrarchan Sonnet

The job of teaching children brings me pride
but also causes stress in many ways.
The mixture of emotion in my days
might make me laugh or eat me up inside.
What adds to that's a problem district-wide,
with fewer staff while student numbers raise,
it seems more of a fact than of a phase
the bite of budget cuts can't be denied.
As through the fifteenth year of this I stride,
continuing to navigate the maze,
I've set my thoughts on other ventures too.
Before my brain and energy are fried
and I must walk through life in just a haze
I think it's time for me to say adieu. 


No comments:

Post a Comment