In the meantime, enjoy the responses I have made to other prompts.

Saturday, February 10, 2018

https://susannahill.com/2018/02/10/follow-your-heart-the-3rd-annual-valentiny-writing-contest/

HE THOUGHT HE COULD


“Just once,” said Caboose, “I don’t want to be last!
Can’t I make this Valentine’s Special go fast?
I’ve brought up the rear every year from the start.”
“You can’t be the lead,” said the boss. “Though you’re smart,
you don’t have an engine to pull us along.”
“But even without one; I’m still very strong;
I know I can pull all the trains down the track!”
“Forget it, young fellow; now get to the back.
We’ve mountains to climb and we’ve schedules to keep.”
“Okay,” said Caboose as he tried not to weep.
***
With cars all connected, that Valentine’s Day,
they loaded with hearts and then went on their way.
Caboose kept his spirits by trying to find
a way he could alter his train leader’s mind.
His thoughts on his mission, Caboose didn’t know
while heading up hill they had started to slow
then stopped altogether, but not where they planned.
From someone up front there then came a command,
“We have to reverse there’s a fault on the track;
we need to switch routes; have Caboose guide us back!”
Caboose could not speed as he led them, but still –
he got to go first as they rolled down the hill!






And Susanna Leonard Hill's Valentiny contest is upon us again.
The theme is hope and the word limit is 214. I hope you enjoy!
Stop by Susanna's website to see all of the other entries.



https://susannahill.com/2018/02/10/follow-your-heart-the-3rd-annual-valentiny-writing-contest/

2 comments:

  1. Such a cute story, Colleen! And very nicely written! I'm glad Caboose got his chance to go first! :) I apologize for the fact that you entered my blog address as yours and I didn't catch it at first and then it took me a while to locate your blog because I had to search for the address which did not come up on google... but I found it back in the holiday contest links :) Anyway, I didn't correct it in time for you to get visitors, so I'm sorry for that! Thanks for joining in the contest fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have absolutely no reason to apologize. It was my mistake and I should have paid better attention to the link when I posted it! But at least that explains why no one has stopped by!

    Good luck with all of the judging and thanks for your kind comments - as well as your perseverance to figure out where my blog lived!

    ReplyDelete