In the meantime, enjoy the responses I have made to other prompts.

Friday, January 5, 2018

L.A., Here I Come (but not for real) - a 30-Day Image prompt from WDC

L.A., Here I Come

I’m sorry dearest Mom and Dad.
This London weather drives me mad.
The doctor even says it’s so –
to save my health I have to go.

The sunshine rarely greets my eyes,
which leaves me lacking hormone-wise.
The serotonin in my brain
is not enough to keep me sane.

But as to melatonin, well,
the darkness makes its levels swell.
In daytime, when I’ve jobs to keep
it causes me to fall asleep!

My bosses aren’t too pleased with me;
I’m not the girl I used to be.
The move to London from L.A.
turned both my skies and brain to grey.

I tried a box from Dr. White
to simulate the missing light,
but even it could not produce
the needed serotonin juice.

So, sorry Mom and Dad, I tried.
Without the sun my brain is fried.
Although it’s hard, I hope you’ll see
why L.A. is the place for me. 



This is the link I used for my poem: http://www.healthline.com/health/depression/benefits-sunlight#overview1

No comments:

Post a Comment