In the meantime, enjoy the responses I have made to other prompts.

Friday, January 5, 2018

The Element in Me - a 30-Day Image prompt from WDC

The Element in Me

According to astrology
my element is air.
The times I’ve read my horoscope
admittedly are rare,
but challenged to consider it,
I opted to compare
what I perceived as traits of mine
with traits ascribed to air.

I must agree my brain, like air,
is constantly in motion.
Before one thought can wrap it up
there comes another notion.
Although, perhaps, not quite enough
to fill the smallest ocean,
I sometimes see my skin turn green
because of all the motion!

A strength of air is it’s carefree,
but not a strength of mine.
They say I can develop it;
with that I would be fine!
To think I might blow stress away
sounds suspect and divine
when motherhood and hankering
define this life of mine.

We both have flexibility,
the air though more than me.
The word distractibility
describes me to a tee.
But as to other weaknesses
I can and can’t agree.
I’m not a bit insensitive,
though selfish could be me.

I’ve found this task informative,
but it won’t change my ways.
I still won’t read my horoscope
for wisdom it relays.
Yet, maybe knowing I am air
will lighten up some days.
With that my life could benefit
in oh so many ways!







This is the resource I used to learn more about the elements. https://www.gaia.com/article/the-four-elements-finding-your-element

No comments:

Post a Comment