In the meantime, enjoy the responses I have made to other prompts.

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

What Can Make it Stop?

Where has Reason gone today?
Why has Anger blocked its way?
What will bring it back in play?
Peace won’t come without its say.

Wide’s the rift between the sides.
Selfish thought is what divides.
Impulse acts while Prudence hides.
Reasoned thought will turn the tides.

Build the bridge to ease the pain.
Find Concern and lose Disdain.
Simply stated: act humane.
Only then will calm remain.



Today's prompt from NaPoWriMo.net was to write a poem about a bridge. I, like everyone else, am upset about all the violence relating to alleged police brutality. I do not know all of the facts, but I do know a lot of innocent people are being injured, even killed, and there has to be a better way of dealing with these perceived or real injustices. I don't know exactly what the solution is, but my poem expresses some of my thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment