In the meantime, enjoy the responses I have made to other prompts.

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Oh Sun!

There’s nowhere else I’d rather be
Then where your light shines down on me.
Your finger rays caress my skin
Then radiate their warmth within.
They lift the shades on darkened days  
How curative, your finger rays!

Oh Sun, your praises oft’ I sing
For all the life to earth you bring.
But lo the mourning when you’re gone;
'Tis arduous to carry on!
There, like a child in wait, I yearn
At window’s pane for your return.

And if, oh Sun, I’d one request –
It is your star would never rest.
Hide not your brilliance from my face
I long to feel your healing grace.
I need your light to shine on me.
There’s nowhere else I’d rather be!





Today's challenge from NaPoWriMo.net is to write a “pastoral” poem. Traditionally, we're told, pastoral poems involved various shepherdesses and shepherds talking about love and fields, but ours could just be a poem that engages with nature. 

No comments:

Post a Comment