In the meantime, enjoy the responses I have made to other prompts.

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

You Rascal

Oh poetry, oh poetry, why overtake my brain,
Why jumble words up in my head to find the right refrain?
Why, like a tyke with certain needs, you won’t just go away
Until I’ve finished writing you by noon or end of day?

Oh poetry, oh poetry, why must you be so strict?
Why interfere and make me change the words I would have picked?
Why stress on meter constantly; who cares where accents fall?
Don’t different reader’s nuances affect it after all?

And what is with this show, don’t tell; can’t someone use his mind
To conjure up the images I’m wanting him to find?
Oh poetry, poetry, I have to shake my head,
But cannot think of anything I’d rather write instead.


Today's challenge in honor of National Poetry Month from http://www.napowrimo.net/ is to write a poem that addresses itself or some aspect of itself.


No comments:

Post a Comment