In the meantime, enjoy the responses I have made to other prompts.

Sunday, April 26, 2015

Way to Show Your Gratitude

I hear you speak of my demise –
because
like a swayback horse I
stand,
bowed at the center,
in your backyard.

How proudly I once stood with
my unweathered wood,
shiny silver chains hanging
like necklaces
with yellow and blue seats
inviting your daughters
to come
take a seat.

This is where they learned,
reach out, pull back
reach out, pull back
reach out, pull back.
Great job girls!

I remember you sitting next to them
pumping too.
Who would be the first to reach
the tips of the leaves?
What times we had!

Now
my seats sit still
unless moved by the wind
my wood is weakened by age
and so you speak
of my demise
dismantle and
chop 
into 
pieces
for Monday morning 
pick-up.

What 
a send-off.





Today's suggested form from NaPoWriMo.net was to write a persona poem, which means to write from the perspective of a person or thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment